Controlled Burn Reporting

Call the Provincial Emergency Communications Centre just prior to starting


When reporting a Control Burn you will be asked the following questions:

  • What is your land location?
  • Who is your Fire Service Provider?
  • Driving Directions from local Fire Department?
  • What are you burning?
  • How long will your burn last?

You will be asked to call back once the burn has been completed.

Reporting your controlled burn will help eliminate unnecessary call outs to your local fire department.  There is a minimum fee of one hour for each fire department dispatched.  The current provincial hourly rate for each responding fire department is $1,090.23.